What Have You Done for Me Lately, ‘Marketing’?
Sometimes in life, as well as in business, we pursue certain activities because we always have. Oftentimes, we keep doing what we have been doing the same way we always have, without questioning our actions or their outcomes.
Well, we want to shake things up a bit! We want you to question your own marketing activities and ask: “What have you done for me lately, ‘Marketing’?”
Marketing is viewed by most as an expense, because it is. However, it is an expense that should support sales activities and provide a return on investment (ROI). Determining the exact ROI related to specific marketing activities can be very tricky. We have covered this in a previous newsletter under ‘attribution’. Nevertheless, marketing should clearly be instrumental in moving the company closer to its goals.
To see what marketing has done for you lately, here are 10 areas to look at. Ask yourself: “Have my marketing activities helped me…”
1.aGenerate more of the right kinds of leads?
2.aClose more sales faster?
3.aGet repeat sales?
4.aFormulate a more effective message?
5.aProduce powerful sales tools?
6.aEstablish brand awareness, recognition, and preference?
7.aDifferentiate your brand from the competition?
8.aImprove customer satisfaction and loyalty?
9.aDevelop lasting relationships with customers?
10.Introduce new products?
If your marketing efforts have not been particularly helpful lately in achieving any of the above, a ‘shake-up’ in your ‘marketing’ might be required. If you want to get an honest outside perspective, call us or write to us – we will be happy to speak with you about it without any obligation on your part.
Duke Merhavy, MBA, Ph.D.
President & Chief Marketing Officer
What Is Fractional CMO & Marketing?
Fractional CMO & Marketing is ‘Your Smart Marketing Formula’ when you need expert marketing leadership and marketing services to accelerate growth and improve profitability, but you’re not quite ready to hire a full-time Chief Marketing Officer or your own marketing department Our unique arrangement is the most efficient, innovative, and cost-effective formula for you. Click on the image on the right to watch a short video.
Uniqlo-Marketing Outside the Box
By Polly Stroup, Editor and Copywriter
An innovative Japanese apparel company, Uniqlo strives to be recognized as a technologically savvy company rather than just a fashion brand. To make this happen, Uniqlo came up with a brilliant global image campaign that went live both online and in over 100 physical locations.
The campaign was “video game style” where viewers were challenged with ‘capturing’ fast moving product codes displayed on billboards. Users were asked to upload their codes to redeem a sample from the clothing line.
When visitors visited the website to upload, they were guided through information describing how Uniqlo uses technology. In addition, users were also encouraged to share their pictures on social media and invite their friends to join. It garnered terrific results! More than 1.3 million views of video and over 25,000 newsletter subscriptions were recorded. The campaign reached a total of over 4 million people and resulted in 35,000 new customers. It’s safe to say that this ‘thinking outside the box’ marketing technique worked!
The Why and When of Promotional Product Marketing
By Anna Kunz, Manager of Marketing Services
When used properly, promotional products can be hugely successful and very rewarding for your business. Recipients of promotional products will instantly be reminded of your business, products, or services when they use your promotional item, also known as “swag”. Often, ‘swag’ is the first impression potential customers might have of your brand, so make sure you do it right!
Here are several reasons why you should utilize promotional products in your marketing strategy:
- Works like a business card. Promotional giveaways can have your contact information just as business cards have. They are almost always delivered personally in an environment that allows for one-to-one interaction.
- Reinforces brand recognition. Your gift will help customers remember and recognize your business, sometimes even subconsciously since it can remain in their homes, offices, or cars for a long time.
- Helps with company culture. If you want to attract the best talent, you need to create a culture people want to work in. Providing swag to new or prospective employees will get them excited and provide a sneak peek at what your company is all about. Customers also want to be associated with company cultures that speak to their values and principles.
- Low-Cost Effective Marketing. Many companies, especially start-ups, may not have the budget to effectively advertise on the radio or television. Most manufacturers of promotional products keep the prices very low for mass distribution. Utilizing promotional products to deliver your message repeatedly, with a budget of a few hundred dollars, will allow you to reach more people at a lower price than with other forms of advertising.
Businesses work hard to get their name out there, and competition for a consumer’s attention is fierce. Whether you run a small or large business, you can reach a larger crowd with a tangible item to give them. Below is a list of just a few ideas of when to distribute your “swag”.
- Hand out at trade shows, conferences, expos and other events
- Give as gifts when you meet a new customer or prospect
- Use as employee incentives
- Give to candidates for employment
The opportunities to hand out promotional items, as well as the product choices to pick from, are endless. You don’t want to give something that does not make a good impression, or the same thing everyone else hands out… Quality promotional products that make a lasting impression – and the right kind of impression – do not necessarily cost a lot. The experts at Fractional CMO & Marketing have decades of experience finding the right promotional products to match your marketing strategy, and finding the best place to order them from.
Call us today at 888-412-2236 and we will be happy to help you with your next promotional product.
Take Advantage of Us
Give us a call at 888-412-2236 or click on the button below to request a complimentary Marketing Needs Assessment, or to ask us a question regarding your most pressing marketing or sales challenges.