Why Do They Buy from You?
One of the first questions we ask our new clients is ‘Do you know why your customers are buying from you?’ It sounds like a simple and straightforward question. However, the answer is not always known or clear.
Understanding why someone made the decision to spend money with you, and the circumstances leading to that decision, is very important. It will pinpoint what you might need to do better. Knowing these facts will not only help you attract more customers, it will also target the right kind of customers.
What you want to understand involves several aspects of the buying decision process, and ideally, you will find the answers to all. Here is what you want to know:
- Who initiated the purchase process?
- What circumstances, events, or triggers caused the purchase process to begin?
- Who was involved in the search and the ultimate decision?
- What other products or brands have they considered?
- What were the top features, benefits, and other reasons that made them choose us?
- Will they be repeat customers (when, why or why not)?
- Does the product or service meet their expectations?
It’s also enlightening to find out the same set of answers from those who considered your offering and ultimately made a different choice. Similarly, like the information gathered from your own customers, the information from customers of your competitors, even if they did not consider you, would be beneficial.
This information can be gathered through both primary and (if you are lucky to find it) secondary research efforts.
A marketing executive (in-house or outsourced) should be able to help you conduct this research and utilize the gleaned information in your marketing efforts. As always, we are here as well, to help you with this and any other assistance you might need with marketing.
Duke Merhavy, MBA, Ph.D.
President & Chief Marketing Officer
Fractional CMO & Marketing is ‘Your Smart Marketing Formula’ when you need expert marketing leadership and marketing services to accelerate growth and improve profitability, but you’re not quite ready to hire a full-time Chief Marketing Officer or your own marketing department
Our unique arrangement is the most efficient, innovative, and cost-effective formula for you. Click on the image on the right to watch a short video.
Make the News with a Press Release
By Polly Stroup, Editor & Writer at Fractional CMO & Marketing
Your product launch is fast approaching. Time for a press release! Writing about something you know well should be easy. Yet breaking down a possibly complex topic into words that are both compelling and simple to understand can be tough.
Five tips to get you started:
- Is your audience familiar with the content? If not, eliminate trade jargon and write in layman’s terms.
- Treat the headline as a hook that contains enough value to draw the reader in for more information.
- The lead paragraph should be compelling. It answers the ‘why should I care’ question as well as the – Who, What, Where, and When. Pique their curiosity.
- Content should be conversational, it’s easier to understand when facts and figures are worded in a way that can be repeated in casual conversation. Include a catchy quote, or two. Quotes add a personal touch.
- Don’t forget the most important part – contact information! Remember to include a link to your website.
For help with writing and distributing your press release to the media, contact us today!
Take Advantage of Us
Give us a call at 888-412-2236 or click on the button below to request a complimentary Marketing Needs Assessment, or to ask us a question regarding your most pressing marketing or sales challenges.